[nanomsg] Compile-time detection of API changes

  • From: Aaron Faanes <dafrito@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 18:33:42 -0500

Hello all,

I wrote up a Lua binding for nanomsg [1] and through it, I noticed that
nn_req_send and nn_req_recv were recently added in d6b43441 (API for
multi-flight requests added).

I was wondering what the convention is within nanomsg for detecting API
changes such as these, so that my binding could support nanomsg versions
both before and after such changes without needing to check out different
versions of the binding.

-- Aaron Faanes

[1] - The nanomsg Lua binding can be found here, for the curious:
https://github.com/dafrito/luacxx/blob/master/src/nanomsg.cpp

--
Aaron Faanes <dafrito@xxxxxxxxx>