[nanomsg] Re: Adopting a CoC

  • From: "Thomas Stover" <cts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 09:55:23 -0600 (CST)

On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:45am, "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
said:

I am honestly embarrassed and shocked by this community's response to my
proposal.
I think I may need to reexamine my own assumptions around this issue.

Not to bike-shed from the casual user / list lurker perspective, but
legitimately trying to learn something here. Question for the people really put
off by this - Do you guys have jobs? What employee handbook doesn't have
something similar? Are you upset by the suggestion that you can't behave, or
the actual guidelines themselves? Or is this some international thing were some
people are truly that naive about how business and society works in so many
countries in the presence of lawyers, politicians, etc? Are you not aware the
reputation F/OSS oriented conferences are having to fight?