[nama] Re: new command: check_level (cl) - amplitude analysis on current track

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:20:47 -0400

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 09:33:58PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> Seems to work.
Thanks! Very nice.

This function, however, reminded me forcefully of a problem I've been
experiencing for a few months now, which is that the engine often fails
to stop running. I'm not sure whether that's due to some buss/track
being seen as recording, but the engine just never finishes, even though
cs-get-length returns a sane value. As a result, one must interrupt
mixdown by hand, for instance, and running the new check_level function
on a buss causes the engine to go on forever. I don't recall experiencing
this in the past, and I think Julien complained about it too at some
point.

Cheers,
S.M.