[nama] Re: Jack.Plumbing

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:28:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello again!
I haven't kept track of jack.plumbig status I'm afraid. But the last thing I actively heard about it, was the advice to rely on simple jack_connect, since there were problems with jack.plumbing. It can be used in connection with the .ports files. An application such as you describe it, wouldn't be possible with jack.plumbing alone, if I'm not mistaken. You would need some Nama magic, but I think even that exceeds the current magic. Since you would have to see the old connections, disconnect them, then find out, how many and which Nama tracks are neede, or if you just start with a simple guide or monitor track and then re-connect all the other clients to that or those ports. All quite a bit dodgy and assuming very much, unless you have a prepared project for that situation.
  I hope that helps and is fully correct.
  Kindly yours
           Julien

--------