[nama] Re: An Example?

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:41:41 -0400

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 07:03:52AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Kevin!
>   I used different projects. I recorded one part per project. This
> was the easiest and clearest way to manage it. For there were tempo
> changes.
>   Later I mixed down every part. I used effect_chains,
> effect_profiles and similar track names to keep track of everything
> and keep it homogenous. Then I created a master project. This master
> project just consisted of linked tracks. The tracks I linked were
> the Mixdown track of all the parts. So they followed new Mixdown
> versions. there I could shift tracks to appropriate times.
That's pretty interesting. Let me make sure I got this straight. You
would, for example, Have a basic project for your rhythm section (say
drumkit, bass, chord progression), then separate projects for, say,
additional percussions, vocals, and lead guitar. You would then link the
Mixdown from your basic project to act as reference while recording
every other part. Say, for the Vocals part, you would record your lead
vocals on one track, and then some phrasing or back vocals on different
tracks, arranging them coherently before Mixdown of "Vocals" project.
Once done with all extra parts, you would make a final mix from those
various projects and make a master mix. Did I get that right?

Cheers,
S.M.