[nabga] NABGA point system

  • From: "the edwards'" <macey_n_maggie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nabga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:39:17 -0600

Hello everyone. Things are starting to look good. We have tournaments to play
in next year and we are getting more and more blind/vision impaired golfers to
join up with us to play in those tournaments.

Back a few years ago Brad Eaton and myself devised a point syetem to use to
define a "order of merit" for choosing players to be eligible for the World
Championship in 2008. I think everyone would be happy with it and maybe when
the bylaws of the NABGA are written it can be worked in. It goes like this for
each tournament.............

1st place.............30 pts.
2nd place............20 pts
3rd place.............15 pts
4th place..............12 pts
5th place...............10 pts
everyone 6th and below............6 pts.
if you attend, but do not finish...3 pts
low net winner........10 pts

This system would only count in tournaments sanctioned by the NABGA.

Just something to ponder over the coming months.

Kevin