[mysql-dde-private] copyrights

  • From: PeterB.Volk@xxxxxxx
  • To: mysql-dde-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:06:41 +0200 (MEST)

Ok well my concerns are that the Idea it self is not protected. Currently
any other company can claim rights for it. The idea is to patent the Idea to
protect t from other companies claiming it as their idea. Also the question
is starting to arise how we will hand this project over to MySQL. My
suggestion would be the following:

MySQL has two versions a community edition and a Network edition. The
community edition is free of use but prohibit the users to resell it bundled
with another product. The network edition allows the license taker to resell
it and also the network edition includes support from MySQL.

We could adopt this idea. We would provide MySQL with full rights for their
community edition. If they want to include the engine into the network
edition we would have to sell them the appropriate rights and an annual fee
for support.

What do you think?