[mysql-dde-private] Website

  • From: PeterB.Volk@xxxxxxx
  • To: mysql-dde-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:08:11 +0200 (MEST)

Hey,

I think we should start a website. This website should give an overview of
the engine, first evaluations, current status and also SVN access. The idea
is to use a virtual server. This means that we have root access to a Linux
system. On the same system there will be several more vServer. So we would
be sharing the hardware but not the software with other customers of the
provider. This means that we can have a central FTP server for our stuff and
also we can have our current version control system on there. Also we can
have a project control system to have a better overview of open tasks (such
as www.dotproject.net ). To finance the server (I’ll check the prices)
there are several ways to get money off of a website. One way is to add a
google advertisement bar on the side of the website. And also differently
supported advertisements. The students would do administration and
additional features for the website and the server. As a compensation he
would like to have a bit of room for his own site there. I think that this
is a good offer as along as he also adds advertisement thingies to his
website that help to finance the server.

What do you think?

Lenz has said that we can have a link on their forge site. This is something
that I strongly anticipate since this will make the project more open to the
public.

What do you think?

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!