[mysql-dde-private] Re: Hard one

  • From: "Fabricio Mota" <fabricio.oliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mysql-dde-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:16:10 -0300

----- Original Message ----- From: <PeterB.Volk@xxxxxxx>
To: <mysql-dde-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 1:08 AM
Subject: [mysql-dde-private] Hard one

Ok here is the more complicated part. Since this project is getting larger
and larger I would like to start encapsulating the whole project from my
&#8220;private live&#8221;.

I understand...

Meaning: If we would have a company that would
be the owner of the full rights to the project there is an open end to the
size of the project.
Why I&#8217;m starting to talk about this is the
following: InnoBase is a company that created the innoDB storage engine.
This company was a separate company having nothing else to do with MySQL
but
supporting and extending innoDB. InnoBase was bought by Oracle last year
but
Oracle will be continuing the work together with MySQL on the project. Now
don&#8217;t know what type of company InnoBase was and I also don&#8217;t
know what this company should have for a legal form. Also this should be
considered in a long run. We both should look at the possibilities that
each
of our countries offers for young businesses and decide later some time
what
we should due.

What do you think?

The question is: how could it cost to us to create a new company?

FM