[mysql-dde-private] Hard one

  • From: PeterB.Volk@xxxxxxx
  • To: mysql-dde-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:08:48 +0200 (MEST)

Ok here is the more complicated part. Since this project is getting larger
and larger I would like to start encapsulating the whole project from my
“private live”. Meaning: If we would have a company that would
be the owner of the full rights to the project there is an open end to the
size of the project. Why I’m starting to talk about this is the
following: InnoBase is a company that created the innoDB storage engine.
This company was a separate company having nothing else to do with MySQL but
supporting and extending innoDB. InnoBase was bought by Oracle last year but
Oracle will be continuing the work together with MySQL on the project. Now I
don’t know what type of company InnoBase was and I also don’t
know what this company should have for a legal form. Also this should be
considered in a long run. We both should look at the possibilities that each
of our countries offers for young businesses and decide later some time what
we should due.

What do you think?