[mylvmbackup] Re: needed free partition size

  • From: "Romuald du Song" <rdusong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mylvmbackup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:11:06 +0200

Hi,

You just need free space in VG for all modifications done by mysql in the
filesystem
 while the snapshot is in used.
If mysql is quiet 1Mo might be enough !
I'll bet that if your database is 15GB size, 2GB should be enough.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Michael A. Toth <lirul.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Lenz,
>
> First of all I would like to give my congratulation for mylvmbackup!
> :) Very-very useful script.
> I've got a question about free space in VG for snapshot. I'm not a LVM
> expert, so sorry. If I want to make 15 GB size partition for MySQL
> datas (there will InnoDB-only), then how many space I have to leave
> free in volume group for snapshot to make backup safely?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
> (Sorry for my bad English.)

Romuald
--
-Tout ce qui n'est pas donné est perdu - Hasari Pal