RE: Minutes and Sign Sign-Up

  • From: "Nock, Lori" <Lori.Nock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mvnahs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mvnahs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:22:07 -0800

Hello everyone,

Sounds like you had a great meeting yesterday. Sorry I couldn't be there, this
art education convention is wonderful and you all will benefit from what I have
learned about art in the schools, AP, college admissions and new approaches in
teaching art.  As an artist, you are very lucky to have three very good art
teachers at your service as you learn through our art classes.

Just a few thoughts...

Art Ambassadors: Students who are interested in this program need to come to an
informational meeting this Thursday, March 30th, during lunch in room 109.  I
will be explaining the program in detail and arranging interviews with you. We
will begin placing students April 7th.

Music at the Show:Last year, I arranged for the orchestra to play (in shifts)
during the reception.  They did not play during the ceremony.

We should collaborate with an established music group on campus. Mr. Beck has
mentioned the Jazz band might be able to do it.

Which student wants to write an email to Mr. Beck requesting a 1 hour block of
time with the Jazz band?

Also, we can do recorded music as well, but we will miss out on getting more
people to attend the show.

Logo:    You can draw, work on the computer, paint or collage to make a logo.
For those who are unfamiliar with the term, a logo is a symbol that represents
an organization, product or company.  Samples of personal logos from the
commercial art class are in room 110 on the back wall.  You can spell out the
words "National Art Honor Society" or use the initials. This is a huge
contribution to the school and it may appear on other items besides the signs
for the art show.  Shirts, cups, hats, stickers, etc.  The lucky student whose
design gets chosen gets to see their work used repeatedly and gets to
contribute to the MVHS community in a huge way.

See you next week.

Miss Nock