[mveg-9] Re: Welcome to the MVEG-9 founders list

  • From: David Wolstencroft <wolstd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mveg-9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:20:46 -0400

Whatup guys?

    I'm David Wolstencroft, otherwise also known as LordRPI. I've been a Mac
user since I was four years old (I'm 21 now) but have owned many a Wintel
boxen during that period too. Somewhere along my Wintel experience, I became
very interested in DivX, and when I finally bought a Mac capable of running
OS X, I was pretty upset to find that DivX was unsupported on the platform.
So, I bitched, flamed, and then in Dec 2001, I was named the first Mac
moderator at DivX.com by BetaBoy. I've been there ever since.

    Well, I dunno if I can compile a brick, but I do have quite a bit of
experience porting Linux/BSD apps to Mac OS X, and even X11 apps into
Cocoa/Objective-C. With those deep roots, it was easy to get mpeg2dec
patched and whatnot, and get the AltiVec routines working.

    I'm from Bedford, New York (about 40 miles north of New York City) and
currently attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute majoring in Computer
and Systems Engineering (with a sucky GPA, I might add). Visit RPI at
http://www.rpi.edu

Hope to hear from all of you guys!

-- David