[muscle] vc++ settings proposal

  • From: "David Svanberg" <ds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:09:37 +0200

Hi folks,

I would suggest adding some project settings for the vc++ project.

My proposal is that there is four configurations for the muscle project:

- "Release MT", CRT:Multi-Threaded, output:muscle-mt.lib
- "Release ST", compiled with -DMUSCLE_SINGLE_THREAD_ONLY,
CRT:Single-Threaded, output:muscle-st.lib
- "Debug MT", CRT:Multi-Threaded Debug, no optimization,
output:muscle-mtd.lib
- "Debug ST", compiled with -DMUSCLE_SINGLE_THREAD_ONLY, CRT:Single-Threaded
Debug, no optimization, output:muscle-std.lib

The muscled and admin projects makes use of muscle's "Release ST"
configuration (linking against muscle-st.lib).

Sometime soon it's also time to support the MSVC.NET project settings format
(.sln, .vcproj). I can help with the translation - but I think we should
agree to the above discussion first.

What do you guys think about this?

Cheers,
David Svanberg
Software Engineer  Poseidon Simulation AS
Naeringsparken, P.O.Box 89, N-8376 Leknes, Norway
Tel:+47 760 54 330  Fax:+47 760 82 006
E-mail:ds@xxxxxxxxxxx  www.poseidon.no

POSEIDON - your maritime training partner