[muscle] timing out a connection attempt

  • From: "David Svanberg" <ds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:05:55 +0200

Hi.

How should I handle connection timeouts?

When I use the MessageTransceiverThread's AddNewConnectSession method in my
client it hangs when it can't connect to the server.

There would be nice to have a timeout possibility in the
AddNewConnectSession method call, i.e. the last argument is a "number of
milliseconds before this connection attempt is considered timed out". What
do you guys think? Or is there another way to achieve the same effect?

Best Regards,
David Svanberg
Software Engineer  Poseidon Simulation AS
Naeringsparken, P.O.Box 89, N-8376 Leknes, Norway
Tel:+47 760 54 330  Fax:+47 760 82 006
E-mail:ds@xxxxxxxxxxx  www.poseidon.no

POSEIDON - your maritime training partner