[muscle] Re: strange message

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:07:35 PDT (-0700)

Hi Wim,

That message is printed when muscle's GetRunTime64() function detects a bug in
the behaviour of Windows' QueryPerformanceCounter() function and tries to work
around it by falling back to the lower-resolution (but more reliable)
timeGetTime() function instead.

Details about the bug (which only occurs on certain motherboards) can be found
here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274323

AFAIK the work-around works pretty well, so there shouldn't be any real problem
--
well, okay, there is one, and that is that timeGetTime()'s value resets back to
zero

-Jeremy