[muscle] Re: regex library used in MUSCLE

  • From: Mika Lindqvist <mika.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 04:20:02 +0200

I actually downloaded BSD fork of the same regex library... I tried making diff, but there was too many changes... I just compared one file to get the fix to the security bulletin. It looked like the new version had better Unicode support. I posted to the mailing list so I could ask "second" opinion of the other developers using MUSCLE... Preferably one that has built regex before as it has nasty preprocessor stuff.

17.3.2015, 4:04, Jeremy Friesner kirjoitti:
Hi Mika,

Thanks for the patch… I’m tempted to just go find the most recent version of
the regex library and upgrade MUSCLE to use that, so that any other bugs might
get fixed at the same time…. and also so that MUSCLE can continue to use an
official distribution, which will be more likely than a hand-patched build to
get some support if I e.g. need to ask for help on a mailing list.  What do you
see as the potential down side to doing that?

-Jeremy