[muscle] Re: muscle w/ visual studio 2k5

  • From: red johnson <mutator_accessor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jeremy,

Unfortunately, the VS2K5 is a "hard" requirement due to interoperability with
other software (interfacing with older versions of Matlab/Simulink).

Muscle looked interesting, but it appears I won't be able to utilize it. I have
since moved on to a lighter weight approach, although I still need a good
messaging layer that compiles in VS2K5 to complete it along with the platform
independent socket layer and cJSON that's currently working.

The heavy use of templates is a two-edged sword that really leaves out some of
the middle range embedded systems. This is unfortunate.

-JB