[muscle] Re: muscle w/ visual studio 2k5

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jeremyf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:33:09 -0700

Hi JB,

I think modern versions of muscle will not compile under VS2005, because muscle
uses some c++ template techniques that VS2005 can't handle.

If VS2005 support is necessary, you might use an older version of muscle, or
use the c-only implementation (in the minimessage subfolder) instead.  VS2005
is pretty old though, it might be better to simply require VS2008 if possible.

Jeremy

On Sep 15, 2010, at 6:47 AM, red johnson <mutator_accessor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am investigating the possible use of muscle in a project that involves some
> integration with other components that are based on visual studio 2005 SP1. I
> built the baseline under VS2K10 and ran the hexterm and win32client
> successfully along with the muscled server, however I get errors when
> attempting to compile muscle under VS2005 SP1.
>
> My question: Is it possible to get muscle to compile/link under VS2005 SP1?
> Has it been done in the past? I suspect not, since if it had, there would be
> build solutions available for it, like there are for VS2K8 and VS2K10, but I
> am just confirming before I move on.
>
> Muscle looks to be what I am looking for: a relatively simple/lightweight
> protocol to talk between heterogeneous machines (windows/linux primarily) on
> an internal network.
>
> Thanks.
> JB

NOTICE: This email may contain confidential information.  Please see
http://www.meyersound.com/confidential/ for our complete policy.