[muscle] muscle w/ visual studio 2k5

  • From: red johnson <mutator_accessor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 06:45:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am investigating the possible use of muscle in a project that involves
 some integration with other components that are based on visual studio
2005 SP1. I built the baseline under VS2K10 and ran the hexterm and
win32client successfully along with the muscled server, however I get
errors when attempting to compile muscle under VS2005 SP1.

My question: Is it possible to get muscle to compile/link under VS2005
SP1? Has it been done in the past? I suspect not, since if it had, there
 would be build solutions available for it, like there are for VS2K8 and
 VS2K10, but I am just confirming before I move on.

Muscle looks to be what I am looking for: a relatively
simple/lightweight protocol to talk between heterogeneous machines
(windows/linux primarily) on an internal network.

Thanks.

JB