[muscle] muscle + Qt + console apps

  • From: "David Svanberg" <ds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:06:47 +0200

Hi guys, thanks for all answers! I really appreciate them.

Well, I'm having some problems with my MessageTransceiverThread. Previously
I used Win32MessageTransceiverThread with success, but since I figured out I
wanted to support Linux the only alternative I could figure out was to use
Qt, and hence QMessageTransceiverThread.

Then Qt started to frustrate me. Qt's event loop works nicely in GUI based
applications where everything is event-based. But my little application do
not need any cool buttons to start executing, it should just plain and
simply run. How do I do this?

i.e.
int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
  muscle complete setup system
  QApplication qApp( argc, argv, false ); // console
  my way to connect to server need Qt event loop
  return qApp.exec( ); // started way to late!
}

Any ideas?

Is there another alternative to QMessageTransceiverThread to "muscle"
cross-platform?

Best Regards,
David Svanberg
Software Engineer  Poseidon Simulation AS
Naeringsparken, P.O.Box 89, N-8376 Leknes, Norway
Tel:+47 760 54 330  Fax:+47 760 82 006
E-mail:ds@xxxxxxxxxxx  www.poseidon.no

POSEIDON - your maritime training partner