[muscle] Re: muscle Digest V6 #1

  • From: Matt Emson <memsom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:31:58 +0000

Terry Bayne wrote:
Yes!

I use parts of muscle in multiple projects! I often use muscle messages along with blocking queues as my primary inter-thread communication mechanism.
For a time I was using Muscle - and indeed, my own Pascal translation of the Message and gateway, but alas, no longer.

If I was starting a new project, I'd consider using the C# stuff. It's a shame the server is C++ though.. Maybe a Managed C++ version would work? I think there are too many Macros and multiple inheritance stopping this from happening though.

I was toying with an Objective C wrapper as a good project. Has anyone else got an Objective C wrapper already? Don't want to do additional work if needs be.