[muscle] Re: addnewconnectsession

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 09:12:26 PDT (-0700)

Hi Wim,

> when I see in the beginners guide I see that you must use addnewconnectsession
> to connect to the server.   So I did a search for this word in all the
> files I had downloaded from mucle but I do not find it in any cpp file,
> nor in the examples, nor in the sourcecode, I find it only in .h files .
>
> Where do you use this function, and where is the implementation of it  =3F
> Do I miss something =3F

AddNewConnectSession() is declared in system/MessageTransceiverThread.h.
The implementation is in system/MessageTransceiverThread.cpp.  You should
use it after you have created your XXXMessageTransceiverThread object (where
XXX would vary depending on what OS API you are using) and want to have
it make a TCP connection to some other machine (typically the muscle server).
Don't forget to call StartInternalThread() on the XXXMessageTransceiverThread
object also, so that the network I/O thread will start running.