[muscle] Server design

  • From: Marius Kjeldahl <marius@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:09:47 +0100

I stumbled on MUSCLE while researching toolkits for client/server application
toolkits, and based on the information I have read so far, it looks like a
very solid design.

There is not a whole lot of documentation availabe, however, so I am trying to
post some questions here.

I'm in the process of designing a client/server game (card/board based), and
would like some feedback from the people who certainly knows more about
MUSCLE than I do, so here I go:

1) Server design. Should I plan on extending the muscled daemon, adding my own
authentication layer and session logic, or would it be just as good just to
have a "server" as a separate process to another muscled process, where my
"server" (typically running centrally under my control) would take care of
controlling which messages gets distributed to what clients through the
muscled daemon?

2) Has anybody added SSL transport support?

3) Anywhere I can look for more documentation or application examples?

Thanks in advance,

Marius Kjeldahl