[muscle] Re: ReflectServer::ServerProcessLoop

  • From: Wilson Yeung <wilson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:55:56 -0700

I don't think I was very clear.  What I want to do is:

1. Run a stock muscled server, say muscled1.

2. In another program, create a muscle client that is connected to
muscled1.  Whenever a message is delivered from muscled1 to the client,
parse the message and massage it, and insert it into myCustomMuscled
server.  The custom server, myCustomMuscled is in the same process
space as the client.

I want to create a forwarder of sorts, so that messages are routed from
one muscled server to another, and so on.

Because ServerProcessLoop never returns, how would I call the client's
DoInput() method to process incoming messages?

You're right about the do_once() thing not being very nice ... you're
absolutely right that unnecessary latency would be introduced.  Perhaps
the solution is to provide a means of pulling out the file descriptor
sets, and whatever other mechanism is required to feed relevant file
descriptors back to the ReflectServer.  Then the application writer can
choose whatever form of select or select equivalent they want to use.

Wilson