[muscle] Re: Question about the collection that holds the messages

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:18:08 PDT (-0700)

> and sure, I could do that. What I'm wondering is if there's some way to =3D
> avoid the repetition problem, maybe using a simple queue, but without =3D
> recompiling muscled...

If you have multiple Messages to upload at the same time, you could
AddMessage() them all into a single Message, and then just upload that one
Message using a unique node label -- that would cut down on the overhead
somewhat.  (To save space further, you could run the Message through
DeflateMessage() before uploading it, so that the data is stored in
zlib-compressed
format on the server)

However, there is no built-in way to append to a FIFO queue of Messages in
the server database, AFAIK, so you would have to modify muscled if you
wanted that.

-Jeremy