[muscle] Question about the collection that holds the messages

  • From: "Vasconcelos Jimenez Dario" <PORYVJD1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:29:26 -0500

Hi,

I'm building a messaging service using a muscled server, and noticed =
that the messages are stored in a Hashtable, using the message label as =
key. This, of course, means that any messages with the same label will =
be replaced if sent from the same session (and IP). This causes problems =
in my service because I'd like to have the full history of the messages =
whenever I need to reconnect to the server.

The clients to the muscled server are built in Java, and in my case I'd =
prefer to do any changes in the clients or in the muscled server =
configuration.=20

What I'm doing right now is inserting the date in milliseconds in the =
middle of the message, to avoid repetition:

150.100.104.191/3/ROOT_NODE/103689823465/SOME_NODE

I don't know if this is the best solution for the problem, or if there's =
a more elegant way.

Regards,

Dario