[muscle] Re: Need help building

  • From: Jeremy Friesner <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:42:06 -0700

Hi Barry,

On Thursday 28 April 2005 12:19, barry brant wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build version 2.64 on VC++ 6.0, but I
> am getting these errors when trying to build
> muscle.lib:
>
> Compiling...
> MiscUtilityFunctions.cpp
> C:\burn\MUSCLE_messaging_service\muscle\util\MiscUtilityFunctions.cpp(353)
>
> : error C2065: 'TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime' :

This error is due TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime() not being available in
some older (pre WinXP) development environments.  In the next muscle release,
the #ifdefs will be fixed so that it is no longer a problem; however for now
you can work around the problem by editing MiscUtilityFunctions.cpp so that
the work-around code (directly above that line) is always used instead.  That
is, change line 342 of MiscUtilityFunctions.cpp from

#ifdef __BORLANDC__

#ifdef WIN32

> undeclared identifier
> RS232DataIO.cpp
> C:\burn\MUSCLE_messaging_service\muscle\dataio\RS232DataIO.cpp(88)
>
> : error C2065: '_beginthreadex' : undeclared
>
> identifier
> Thread.cpp
> C:\burn\MUSCLE_messaging_service\muscle\system\Thread.cpp(105)
>
> : error C2065: '_beginthreadex' : undeclared
>
> identifier
> Error executing cl.exe.

These errors are most likely because you are trying to compile multithreaded
code with a VC++ project file that is set to single-threaded mode.  If you
don't need the RS232DataIO or Thread classes, you can solve the problem
simply by removing them from the project;  if you do need those classes (i.e.
you are planning to do multithreading or RS232 serial port I/O) then you will
need to set your project to enable multithreading.  (Note that the default
muscle server doesn't use or need either of these classes; they are only
there to support custom servers)

More info here:  http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-users/msg02057.php

Cheers,