[muscle] Re: Muscle on Solaris

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:09:54 PDT (-0700)

> Line 8 in the PulseNode.cpp file is the constructor, and the only thing
> that happens there is the member initializations.

Indeed ... I can't imagine how a crash could occur in that area, unless the
"this" pointer is invalid.  (Does this=0xf840c sound valid to you?  It seems
suspiciously small to me...).  Given that, I can think of a few things to try:

1) Put fprintf's at line 30 of StorageReflectSession.cpp and in the PulseNode()
constructor, just to make sure the stack crawl is accurate -- if the crash is
indeed happening where it says it is, you should see one printed but not the
other.  (since the stack crawl is a bit muddled, it's good to double check)

2) Add -DMUSCLE_AVOID_NEWNOTHROW to the Makefile to see if the bug is related
to new (nothrow)... this flag will change it so the code always uses the
regular new operator instead.

3) Upgrade your compiler to a newer version (4.x?) and see if the crash goes
away then.

-Jeremy