[muscle] Muscle on Solaris

  • From: Lior Okman <lior.okman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:47:47 +0300

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the MUSCLE Solaris port.

It seems that if I compile MUSCLE with -O3 (or any -O above zero),
then the first time muscled receives an incoming network connection,
it crashes with a SIGBUS error, and dumps core.

Compiling without -O will create a binary that won't crash and seems
to work OK - this without any changes to the code.

I'm working with Solaris 9, using the GNU compilers:

> $ g++ --version
> g++ (GCC) 3.3.2 Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software
> Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying
> conditions.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Has anybody else seen this behaviour?  I can provide the core dump if
it helps - just send me an email offlist.

Thanks,
Lior