[muscle] Re: Muscle on AMD 64

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:59:01 PDT (-0700)

Hi Julien,

> I tried to compile muscle on AMD 64 / Linux (Suse 9.1).
>
> First, I had to modify the file NetworkUtilityFunctions.cpp to define
> net=5Flength=5Ft as int (added || =5F=5Famd64=5F=5F line 37). Then I had to
> add a cast
> from net=5Flength=5Ft* to socklen=5Ft* when calling getsockname(), recvfrom(),
> getpeername() and accept().

I don't have a 64-bit AMD system myself, so I haven't been able to test in that
environment...  therefore you guys get to find the bugs  :^)

> But nothing is working. When trying the tests, communication between client
> and server is not established. Could you fix that =3F

I can try... here is the URL of a test MUSCLE archive in which I've tried to
make the fixes you mentioned above, as well as fixing the typedefs for amd64.

http://www.lcscanada.com/jaf/muscle2.61b.zip

Please download and unpack that, and then do this:

cd muscle/test
make testtypedefs
/testtypedefs

and see if it prints out any "ERROR, WRONG SIZE" messages to stdout.
If it does, then the typedefs still aren't right, so let me know... otherwise,
try
compiling muscled and let me know if it works better now.

Anyone else with a 64-bit system (or any system, really) is welcome to
do the same thing... I will be happy to fix any bugs that are found this way
for the next Muscle release.

-Jeremy