[muscle] Re: MUSCLE in public downloadable repository?

  • From: Jeremy Friesner <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:56:14 -0700

Hi David,

LCS maintains the muscle source on our private CVS server, along with a l=
ot of=20
other closed-source LCS code.  I could ask my sysadmin about allowing=20
anonymous read-only access to the muscle repository if you like, but I'm =
not=20
sure if it's possible to allow that for just one repository (and I am sur=
e=20
they wouldn't want to allow anonymous access to the rest of our sources! =
=20
:^)).  I'm also not clear as to what the advantages of read-only CVS acce=
ss=20
would be over just downloading and unzipping the latest released muscle.z=
ip=20
file.  Perhaps you can describe what benefits you see in having CVS acces=
s?

Jeremy