[muscle] Re: MUSCLE and compiler issues

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:08:13 PDT (-0700)

Hi Mika,

> I just wanted to know what is your opinion of adding (optional) "parent"
> parameter to QAcceptSocketsThread and QMessageTransceiverThread, because I
> have had odd crash issues with VC6/Qt 2.3 and it would be more consistent
> with the other code if I could pass it with the constructors. It would
> change the order of the destruction of the classes, but I think normally
> with Qt it should be reversed anyways (childs after parent).

I think that is a good idea.  I've made the changes and they will
be in the next release -- in the meantime I'll send you the changed files so
you can test/use them.

> Also I'm worried about compiler warnings that happen only if some of the
> templated methods/classes are used. It seems there is, atleast with
> MultiQueryFilter and it's child classes, conflicts with method parameter
> types (const/non-const).

Aha... I see that some of the SetFromArchive() methods take a (Message &)
instead of a (const Message &) as their argument.  Is that the problem=3F  In
any case, I've changed that also, and I'll send you the changed file to look at.

Thanks for the input,