[muscle] Re: MOM and DAD problem.

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:31:59 PDT (-0700)

> When my client, MOM, do a
> "SUBSCRIBE:...the=5Ftime=5FI=5Fcome=5Fhome=5Ftoday=5Fafter=5Fwork..." to my
> DAD client's
> data that he stores on the server I want to be informed when the
> subscripiton actually is done (is valid on the server). This is because I
> don't want that DAD should start updating his records before MOM actually
> subscribes. (DAD has a habit of changing his mind very often and MOM keeps a
> record of all DAD's faults to summaries it for the client LAWYER (but that
> is another problem)...)

Hehehe... well, how about this... after MOM creates her subscription as
described above,
she then posts her own data node called "mom=5Fis=5Flistening".  DAD will have
already
subscribed to "SUBSCRIBE:mom=5Fis=5Flistening", so that when MOM posts her node,
DAD will get notified of that fact, and so he will know it's now okay to start
posting
his data.

Will that work=3F