[muscle] Re: FW: testclient for win32

  • From: "Jeremy Friesner" <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:54:41 PDT (-0700)

Hi there,

The only thing I can think of is maybe you didn't declare a CompleteSetupSystem
object on the stack at the top of main()=3F  MUSCLE needs that object to be
declared there so that the networking system will be set up properly.  (you
don't have to do anything with it, just declare it).

If that's not it, another (slim) possibility is that maybe your computer
doesn't know what "localhost" is for some reason... you could try replacing
"localhost" in the AddNewConnectSession line either with the string "127.0.0.1"
or the constant uint32 localhostIP (which is declared in
NetworkUtilityFunctions.h").

If none of that works, then the next step would be either to post the complete
source code of a small program that can be compiled and demonstrates the
problem... or you can go in to muscle/system/MessageTransceiverThread.cpp with
your text editor, and start adding printf()'s into the AddNewConnectSession()
function and until it becomes obvious why the function is failing...

Hope that helps,
Jeremy

ps Note that you should call StartInternalThread() on your thread object no
matter what.  It shouldn't matter whether you call StartInternalThread() before
AddNewConnectSession() or afterwards, though.