[muscle] ANN: Delphi/Pascal port in progress

  • From: "Matt Emson" <memsom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:07:01 -0000

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that I've started a port of the general MUSCLE
environment to Delphi 5 (Pascal). The message class is kind of done (It is
based on the Java classes, as the object model suits Delphi better) and it
basically emits flattened Messages pretty well. I'm now going to wrap up a
MessageTranceiverThread etc from C++ side and see what happens when I chuck
my message translation at it ;-) (noting that the Delphi class will need to
flatten it's contenets and send them to C++, and vice versa in the opposite
direction.)

As a final goal, I'm expecting to produce a DLL that exports a flattened
interface in C style, with a simple routine that takes a flattened Message
and reconstructs it, sends it etc. I'll probably base it around the Win32
stuff Vitaly et al have produced... I already have a Delphi class that uses
a WM_COPYDATA call to send a flattened message to another process (I've
started using my translation in place of a message class I made ages ago
based on the BMessage.)  When it's all done, I'll have a go at a BeShare
client ;-) (The acid test!)

Dunno if anyone else is interested in all of this, but it's a heads up to
Delphi programmers (if anyone is subscribed...)

Matt