[muglo] Re: where do iPad downloads go?

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:02:21 -0400

Is Steve Jobs getting advice from Stephen Harper?

On 15-Jul-10, at 1:11 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:
Yes the iPad downloads attachments, but no, you can't see them conveniently. They go to 'secret files' so you can't screw them up.

That's to say "so you can't use them."

What you need is the Goodreader app ($4?) that is designed for reading ebooks, pdf's, pictures, etc. You can go to websites, download photos and they appear in Goodreader files that you can access easily.

I've got it. It's not finding them.

Downloading email attachments will cost you another 99¢ for an add-on.

I can already see PDF at full size (or at least at the limit of the iPad's size), and supposedly I can take screenshots of them. But I can't bloody well find the screenshots either.

It will also 'sync' with your computer independent of iTunes, wirelessly over a common network. Your iPad Goodreader file folder will appear on your desktop and you can drag & drop or delete files.

I don't know for certain that this doesn't work, but so far I haven't been able to do it.

There is an eminent update that will allow printer support. You can then download a picture from a website, store it, view it, email it, or print it.

It's not Goodreader that needs an eminent update, it's the iPad OS. Imagine buying a MacBook and being told you can create and store all kinds of data on it but you can't then see any of them because you might subsequently screw them up.

What were they thinking?---