[muglo] Re: time lapse

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:55:43 -0500

You're right on, Gerhard. I've had two hard drive enclosures fail in the last year and a few hard drives. How many times have we seen members complain about slow computers and chase around looking for obscure solutions? There is only one moving part in a computer, and it's inevitably doomed for failure-the hard drive. Processors don't slow down with age. They work or they don't. The same with RAM and most other electronic components. Electrical components with motors will all fail eventually.

On Feb 22, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

Could that be why you were having problems originally? Did the time capsule work as advertised when you first started using it? I have been using a usb drive with Time Machine and it works flawlessly, the drive is set up on my desk and when I use the laptop there I plug in the drive (at least once a week) One tb drives are less than $100 now and seem like a good solution.

Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx

On 2011-02-22, at 11:17 AM, Doug Bale wrote:

The TC died last week.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.