[muglo] Re: time lapse

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:17:25 -0500

On Feb 25, 2011, at 7:09 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:

Hmmm! On my iMac, 'System' translates as 'Macintosh HD'.

Here, the file <com.apple.backupd-auto.plist> does not exist, but one could easily be created with the content

<key>StartInterval</key>
<integer>86400</integer>

which should yield a 24 hour backup. Any one tried that?

Here's how to navigate:

Once you find the file, double click to open in text edit. Make the changes, then save them. Now, the fun begins. You will not be able to save the changes until you change permissions for the file if you are logged on under any name other than administrator. If you run into problems, contact me.

I've made the changes, but haven't verified they work.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell