[muglo] server question

  • From: Mary Read <m.k.read@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MacUsers Group <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:57:45 -0400

Hi all

A client has acquired a server that seems to require that files be
named with fewer than 20 characters in order to be uploaded to it.
This sounds to me like a limitation established somewhere in the
operating system or preferences. Does anyone know what they should
look at in order to establish new, more generous parameters?

The idea of having to rename all my files (and there are thousands of
them!) in order to store them is making me feel sick at heart. Even
if I stuff or zip every folder and rename them with fewer characters,
I'm looking at hours and hours of work.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Mary