[muglo] Re: reading documents

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:52:03 -0400

"Susan N. Dunbar" wrote:

> Oh boy ...
>
> How do I read an attachment that what sent to me in Word?

Detach the word file to your desktop or where ever you normally detach files
to.  If you have Appleworks 6.2.3 (the latest version), start the program
then File:Open:

In the Open dialog navigate to where you detached your file. Beside the "All
Types" drop down menu there is another drop down menu. From it select "All
Available". Your word file should show up in the list of available files.
Highlight it and select open. If the file is not too complicated AW should
translate it for you. Or see below.

> How do I read an attachment that was sent to me in Corel?

You will need a 3 rd party program like MacLink Plus to open it. Or see below

> I asked the sender to please send me that attachment in plain text or send
> itto me not as an attachment and unfortunately she did not know what I was
> asking.  First she sent it to me Corel and then in Word.

Ask you friend to open the file, click anywhere in the file copy it (control
key and A key), go back to the e-mail program and paste (control key plus V
key) it into the message and paste

> Any help with translators would be geatly appreciated.

What kind of help?

> Thanks
>
> Susan

Martin