[muglo] Re: palm pilot

  • From: Galen <blueandwhiteg3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:44:51 -0700

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 07:30 AM, Eurogarth wrote:

> Hot-sync as a back-up method? Not a good plan if you're spending 2
> days or
> more away from the office or your laptop... That's always been my
> problem
> with palm (at least with the ones without wireless/modem so you can
> zap your
> back-up from where ever you are)... Gimme a built-in flash/usb disk for
> fast, easy back-ups, or no sale. An iPOD would be even better, but now
> we're
> talking real money on top of the PDA!
>
> If you're married to your desk and have access to sync all the time,
> then a
> sub$200 is fine. Other than that, built-in flash, or wireless or even
> modem
> is needed and this is where prices start going up.
>
> Garth.

Palm i705s can be had for about $100 if you know where to look if you
really need wireless. And the m515 (and many other models) support SD
and MMC cards - you pick up one large enough to backup the whole palm
for just a little bit of money. And you have to be realistic - most
people don't loose data on their Palm OS PDA regularly. An average user
*might* have it happen once a year.

Galen