[muglo] Re: os8.6 problems

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:08:05 -0400

Alex wrote:

>it's not a carbonlib missing issue... I have the latest version installed
>(1.6)
>
>msn installs ok, it just refuses to set up.. the setup program wont allow
>the continue button to actually continue...
>
>and stuffit 7, had some weird item it said was missing, nothing I've ever
>heard of before. I trashed it already, and dont really want to D/L it
>over again over phone line.
>
>Is 8.6 a good OS? I've never actually used it before now. This mac has
>only 24MB ram, so I dont want to go to 9.1
>
>any suggestions? Can anyone think what components are missing from 8.6
>that would be included with 9? Maybe I can D/L them separately.

Hi Alex,
    IMHO  O/S 8.6 is one of the best, so many improvements over 8.1 &
7.55 before that. Having said that, Eric will no doubt chip in with his
disagreements, but I know Terry Steeper likes 8.6.
    9.... is quite a bit different from 8.6 7 requires a lot more
memory. As to Stuffit I'm sure that I have older versions around; 5 &
5.5 ring a bell; but "msn" I wouldn't know, I always trash the Microsoft
stuff on contact!
TTFN,
TeeC