[muglo] Re: new mac

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:20:33 -0400

On 18-Apr-07, at 3:27 PM, Marlene Thompson wrote:

> I noticed yesterday
> that when I am attaching a file through email I can "see" the ms
> network that I was using before

That is a good sign

> but I cannot hook up to it.

If you can *see* it, your Mac is hooked up to it.

Can you attach to an email a file you KNOW is on the ms network?

> There
> are 2 parts where the mac hard drive is.

What is the name of this window where you can see this?

> There is a mac hard drive
> and then an icon with a "computer" that says "Marlene".

I assume: 1) a Mac icon of a drive with a name below it, and 2) an
icon (of a computer?) with the name "Marlene" below it. Two icons right?

Your computer has a name. Your drive (or volume) has a name. Any
partitions or volumes have a name. And you as a user on the computer
have a name. They don't have to be the same.

> If I log
> into the "computer" I can access the ms network but I can't actually
> get the files.

This sounds like a file sharing permissions problem on the ms network
side.

>   I still cannot see it in the "finder" or on the desktop or anywhere
> else.

  "IT" being the network?  Go to Finder. Under the menu named
'Finder' go to 'Preferences', 'General'... is 'Connected Servers'
clicked on? Under Sidebar, are the correct items clicked on?

___<http://home.golden.net/~samu>
__<http://dougsamu.wordpress.com/>