Re: [muglo] Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:22:18 -0800

On 3/6/08 8:52 PM, "Gerhard Kuhn" <gerhardk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did not read your question properly, I thought you were trying to =20
> share the internet wirelessly through the e-mac.  So is this 6520  =20
> 802.11x router?  If it is you should just have to click on the airport =20=
>
> icon on your computer and select the 6520, if it is password protected =20=

> it will prompt you to enter the password and then you would be =20
> connected.  You should only have to do that once, the macbook will =20
> remember the connection.

The Speedstream 6520 ia a modem/router. There is no network detected,
including 6520, though I am offered the option of creating one. But, of
course, I have no idea about that at all!

By the way, which OS are you using? My MacBook Pro came with Leopard and it
seems that "Internet Connect" no longer exists. I'm still using OS 10.3.9 on
my eMac.

How can I tell whether the 6520 is even emitting a signal from its antenna?
I notice that, while a green light is displayed above the word "Ethernet",
the corresponding light for "Wireless" is off.

Bob