[muglo] Re: motto

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:43:16 -0500

>work? I used to routinely warn people that an attachment generated by
>me was safe, but anything I forwarded from someone else was risky. Is
>it safe to assume that these programs will find all cross-platform
>bugs regardless of the operating system in use at the time?

There is nothing that OS X.x does that would make a virus safe for a windows
user, so if you pass along a virus it won't infect you but it will still be
contagious to a vulnerable windows machine.  You have in fact become a carrier
of the virus enabling it continue it's work elsewhere, if you ran antivirus on
your machine you would strip the file out of the message and stop that
particular branch of it.  All in all if it is a virus that is particularly
nasty you won't affect the big picture but you may help out a friend, relative
or acquaintance by running anti virus software.

Gerhard