[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:34:17 -0400

I'm willing to wager dollars to doughnuts (or are they donuts ;) that you
already have OS X installed on your computer if your computer shipped with
9.2.2 installed.

Chances are it's version 10.1 (currently 10.3.5 and not a free upgrade from
10.1) but it ought to be on there (at the very least, you should have OS X
installer disks). The way you get OS X to boot is by opening up the StartUp
disk control panel (in OS 9) and selecting OS X from that list and restart.
To return to OS 9 from OS X, go to the Apple menu (in OS X), selecting
System Preferences and selecting StartUp disk from the list. Select OS 9 as
your startup disk and restart ;).

As for your HD size, it'll probably be 10 GB or more I'm guessing (140 MB is
what you selected as your virtual memory setting). Click on the hard drive
icon and do a get info. This'll tell you how big your HD is and how much
space is used by files.

Eric.