[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:13:01 -0400

You're right Eric, 125 is a typo. It should be 128. I rmember adding exta
memory when I bought the G4. And I turned on the virtual memory a while ago
to see if that helped. About this computer says, "virtual memory 140 mb used
on Mcintosh hd."
   I've never had much luck downloading, upgrading, etc. basically through
lack of knowledge. How would I upgrade to OSX whatever.
     I guess my initial question was can I add memory? I remember on my old
LC475 (which still works like a charm by the way)  I upgraded to 7.2.2 (a
techie did it for me) and added memory (forget how much) and it was its
limit. I assume the G4 has a limit too.
  I assume G4/350 means the machine's speed. Mine is 400mhz.
  I'll try adding memory to the applications . . . if I can. thnx, jim