[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:35:10 -0400

On 18-Oct-04, at 12:15 AM, Hawk wrote:

> I need a lesson in memory . . . Mac style. I have a G4, 9.2.2 OS with
> 125 mb
> with a 99.6 largest unused block. I constantly get memory warnings on
> shockwave applications but ignore them and they generally go away, so
> speak. But I find I can't download pix or even clip art to a
> newsletter I
> put together because there's not enough memory. How much do I need?
> How much
> can I add to the G4, if any? Jim
  128 (125sic) Mb is not nearly enough & you can add heaps more. I would
go to 512 any way. I presume you have a G4 Grey/White case type? If so
you can add up to 1.6 Gigs with 4 slots. Memory for these is quite
cheap & readily available at Computer Liquidators on Horton Street, but
quite expensive from both Mac stores. HTH.
TTFN,
TeeC