[muglo] memory

  • From: Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:22:20 -0500

Well, I listened to Wayne and shut it down until I could buy an external
hard drive. My first, and the first time I've backed anything up. Since my
G4 is now several years old I know I've been lucky never to have a crash.
And I didn't realized how easy - relatively peaking it is - to back up
files. Of course the hard drive came with no instructions. I know, you're
supposed to know. Anyway it's a 500 gig drive and I managed to get
everything downloaded. I think.
   One question. After the download I was going to remove the drive but the
bumf that came with it says it will now automatically back up everything I
do.
    So I just leave it plugged into the USB port. Right?
   By the way at Best Buy I asked a salesperson with an apple on his shirt
if he worked there. He said no, he worked for Apple.  Needless to say, he
was helpful.
       jim